Thank you for your support!
Thank you for considering a donation to Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue.
Your donation goes directly to support our work saving lives, and it is tax deductible too. Our members are dedicated and skilled, and your help is deeply appreciated. Many aspects go into our work bringing people home to their families, and all training, mission, planning, and administration time is 100% volunteer. Your generous donations support the direct cost of training, specialized team rescue equipment & supplies, search base support, community education outreach, and the business costs to maintain our finances and website.
Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization committed to providing search and rescue assistance to people lost or injured in the outdoors, and educational public outreach in support of safety in the wilderness. We are based in Clackamas County but respond regionally anywhere we are needed. PNWSAR typically responds to over 60 emergency calls each year. In 2019, we responded to 85 callouts, and helped save 28 lost and injured individuals.
Every member of PNWSAR is a volunteer. We provide our own food, gasoline, time, and a wide variety of specialized personal equipment necessary for braving sometimes severe outdoor conditions. Searchers spend at least one weekend day a month training to maintain their state certification as a SAR volunteer, and we continually adapt our training to the latest best practices. We are on call 24 hours a day, every day of the year, and respond immediately when needed. Most of our searches take place at night and often in inclement weather. A search can mean looking for anyone from lost hikers, campers, and skiers, to children and Alzheimer’s patients. Our volunteers are trained to respond to a wide variety of situations and are competent in dealing with diverse medical scenarios and challenging outdoor environments.
Search and rescue volunteers also spend time increasing wilderness awareness by going to children’s camps, county fairs, and outdoor events to teach the public what to do when lost, as well as demonstrating proper clothing and equipment to prepare for outdoor activities.
Making a gift to PNWSAR is a direct way to help someone who may be lost or injured in our area. Your gift allows us to continue to provide services to our Northwest visitors in the outdoors.
There are multiple ways to donate to our team:
- You can donate using Paypal via the link below. If you use this option and would like a tax receipt other than your credit card statement, we would be pleased to provide one. Just use the contact form to tell us your name, mailing address or email address, and what you've donated. If you prefer normal mail services, please use the attached PDF file below to download and print our donation form to send along with a check or money order.
- If you prefer check or money order, please use the attached PDF file below to download and print our donation form to send by snail mail to our PO Box. Click here for our mailing address.
- If you use a Fred Meyer Rewards Card, you can sign up for the Community Rewards program by connecting your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue using the link below. You can search for us by our name or by our Rewards nonprofit number 80155.
- If you shop at Amazon.com, you can make a donation to PNWSAR using the Amazon Smile program. For every purchase you make on Amazon, a small amount will be donated to our team. Click on the link below to add us to your Amazon account with no cost to you. Then just remember to shop on Amazon using smile.amazon.com :)
- We participate in a vehicle-donation program for used vehicles including cars, trucks, RV's, motorcycles and even aircraft! Click on the link below to access our donation partner Speed's Towing. They will arrange to have the vehicle towed and assist with the paperwork. When the donation is complete we will send you a tax-deductible receipt.
Thank you for your support,
Pacific Northwest Search and Rescue